Insiders tell how close the new iPhone is to completion
Last Saturday, three Foxconn employees took to Reddit to reveal information about Apple’s upcoming products. While they touched on other Apple news, the main focus was on the iPhone 8. The insiders provided confirmation to the moderators before releasing the information. Forbes compiled all the known information on what is expected to be the biggest departure in style from previous iPhones.
1. The new iPhone is called the iPhone X but this may be a codename
2. It will look like the middle phone in the main photo above.
3. There is a new dual rear camera with vertical alignment.
4. The front bezel will be thinner on the Y-axis.
5. Test units have Touch ID under the glass “but performance and yield rates were not good.”
6. No version is planned with a rear fingerprint scanner.
7. AuthenTech’s long standing Touch ID capacitive touch module has been replaced.
8. There will be Facial Detection and a Retina Scanner.
9. And plural: “front facing camera modules.”
10. RAM remains at 3GB like the iPhone 7 Plus.
11. The aluminum unibody is replaced by “composite glass.”
12. There’s wireless charging via a rear panel.
13. It will again be “water resistant” (no word if the rating has increased).
14. There is no USB-C, Apple is sticking with Lightning.
15. Production is indeed delayed.